Falafel and Beetroot Open Sandwich
A quick and easy treat! You can steep the onions for as little as 5 minutes or up to a couple of hours.
- 1 slice Bürgen Soya & Linseed bread
- 50g readymade hummus
- 4 slices cooked beetroot
- 2-3 readymade falafel
- Handful rocket
For the quick pickled onions;
A few thin slices from a red onion
2 tsp white wine vinegar
- To make the quick pickled onions, place the sliced onions in a small non-metallic bowl, drizzle over the vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes.
- They will become more vibrant and soften slightly.
- To assemble the sandwich; place the bread on a serving plate, spread over the hummus and top with the beetroot slices.
- Crumble over the falafel, scatter the rocket and red onion and enjoy!