Honeyed French Toast with Berries
French toast is great for breakfast or brunch – if you don’t fancy fruit and honey, try with a topping of your choice!
- 2 eggs
- 75ml plant based or dairy milk
- 3 slices Bürgen Oat & Quinoa bread, cut in half
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- Handful of mixed berries
- 2 tbsp plant based or dairy yogurt
- 2 tsp runny honey
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl and then stir in the milk. Add the bread pressing it gently into the egg mix then turn over to soak the other side until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan and cook the bread slices for 1-2 minutes turning regularly until golden. You might have to do this in batches if your pan isn’t big enough.
- Serve 3 pieces each scattered with berries, dolloped with yogurt and drizzled with honey.